Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Care Net of Puget Sound
Status: Paid - Part Time
Reports to: Healing Tide Director
Work Location: Remote-Home assisting in both King and Pierce County.
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt, Part Time up to 15 hours per week
Objectives of the position: The Healing Tide Administrative Assistant supports the administrative and operational components of the Healing Tide Pregnancy Loss Support Program. This individual provides direct support to the Healing Tide directors and facilitators. Ensures that supplies needed for Healing Tide groups are available for facilitators. Maintains updated referral information, assists with new volunteer trainings. Will fill in for the Director or lead a group when needed. This person furthers the religious mission of Care Net of Puget Sound by training and equipping volunteers of the program to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provide appropriate spiritual and biblical support and pray with and for the volunteer staff.
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is active in a
2. Exhibit strong communication and dedication to the Sanctity of Human Life and Sanctity of Marriage, the pro-life position
and sexual purity.
3. Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and other Care Net of Puget Sound
statements and policies related to core ministry principles.
4. Have experience in a helping field or related experience equivalent.
5. Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity.
6. Have strong organization, administrative, and computer skills.
7. Have experienced substantial healing through Jesus Christ from an abortion decision or any grief issue.
8. Exhibit compassion with every type of pregnancy loss without judgement and good listening skills.
9. Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving.
10. Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to the volunteers.
11. Be a self-starter and able to carry out responsibilities with or without supervision.
12. Sufficiently healed from your own past traumas in life (abuse, molestation, pregnancy loss*)
*Staff in direct client contact and experienced a pregnancy loss will meet with the Healing Tide Director and complete the
appropriate healing curriculum prior to meeting with clients. This information will be kept confidential.
1. Works alongside the Healing Tide Directors to ensure that volunteer support and client services provided in our two
counties are consistent and following Care Net of Puget Sound’s policies and procedures.
2. Schedules monthly prayer meetings and communications to the Healing Tide team.
3. Maintains the Healing Tide Facilitators Manual as new curriculums begin in the program.
4. Helps to schedule clients into groups or retreats.
5. Fills in for a Director as needed (vacations, etc.)
6. Provide monthly statistical information, including data entry if necessary.
II. Client Services
1. This position involves ministerial service to our patients, clients, and others. Special training will be provided for
each person serving at Care Net.
2. Provide services for clients when volunteers are not available.
3. Assists in scheduling groups and retreats.
4. Organizes supplies in both Pierce and King County and ensures that each group and retreat have the supplies and
refreshments needed for successful meetings.
III. Community Connections/Relations
1. Research needed referrals for clients in the Healing Tide program. Will visit with these resources as directed and
promote the Healing Tide program when appropriate.
2. Become familiar with and establish rapport with Christian counselors and similar professional services for client
referrals as needed.
1. Assist at the Care Net 101 Seminars, volunteer trainings and volunteer workshops by introducing the Healing Tide
program and equipping incoming volunteers with information on how to recognize and minister to a pregnancy loss
2. Assist in the application and training process for incoming Healing Tide volunteers coordinating with Volunteer
Admissions at the Admin office.
3. Assists directors in training for incoming volunteers and ongoing annual trainings for facilitators in the Healing Tide
4. Assist with Care Net special events as required.
1. As a representative of Care Net, whether serving as the Administrative Assistant for Healing Tide or on your own
time, your actions and appearance will reflect on the ministry. It is important to be mindful of your service to Jesus
Christ in all that you do, as you reflect Christ to others.
2. Maintain a professional, compassionate, Christ-centered Pregnancy Loss program for Care Net of Puget Sound..
VI. Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
1. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations are typically not made for remote
i. The employee is regularly required to use hands and have the dexterity to keyboard and dial a phone.
Hearing is required to maintain a telephone conversation. Vision requirements include close vision and the
ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation is typically not made for remote employees.
i. The employee works from home and typically after hours and weekends.
ii. A remote worker may feel isolated from the rest of the ministry. It is important that the remote worker plan
regular meetings with Healing Tide staff or visits to their closest pregnancy center for prayer support and
establish ongoing communication with their supervisor.
VII. Meetings and Trainings
a. Is a part of Care Net of Puget Sound staff and will attend all-staff meetings, retreats, and functions for
planning and team development.
b. Is a part of the Healing Tide team and will attend all scheduled team meetings as arranged by the Directors.
Care Net Staff members adhere to the mission of Care Net of Puget Sound, its statements, operations, and the policies and procedures
of the organization.