Anglicans for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
JOB TITLE: Communications Director
REPORTS TO: President
POSITION TYPE: Hourly 32-40 hours
SALARY RANGE: $26,000 – $36,000, commensurate with background and experience
Anglicans for Life is a nationally recognized ministry in the Anglican Communion that equips churches and individuals to fulfill their calling to protect life from the unborn to the elderly. Through education, pastoral care, and advocacy, AFL addresses abortion, euthanasia, adoption, and abstinence. Anglicans for Life is also co-sponsor of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign helping people who have experienced abortion find healing and restoration and hosts a separate website directed to church youth leaders featuring a curriculum, podcast, and blog. AFL holds educational events, publishes print and web-based resources and curriculums, and trains and mentors leaders in caring for those hurting in their congregation and community.
The Communications Director is a vital member of the ministry team/staff of Anglicans for Life and is responsible for overseeing and directing a clear, compelling, and cohesive communications strategy across multiple platforms. Communications is integrated in all facets of life-affirming ministry, enabling AFL to communicate a consistent message of life through a variety of media. The Communications Director works closely with AFL leadership, to understand and communicate priorities and decisions.
Therefore, Anglicans for Life seeks a dynamic, creative, professional with strong communications, production, and design skills that wants to help a small ministry grow.
The position is based in Leetsdale, PA. Anglicans for Life does not pay relocation costs.
Anglicans for Life is seeking to hire a Communications Director to head our ongoing communications, marketing, and publicity needs. Reporting to the President, this professional must have an established background in communications, social media, publicity, and design layout.
This role involves maintaining day-to-day social media accounts, website maintenance and blog posting, creating digital graphics, podcast production, and laying out newsletters and publications using Adobe Creative Cloud programs. The Communications Director will also assist our President with implementing public relations, writing, marketing communications, fundraising, and promotional endeavors to build awareness of this ministry amongst our various audiences.
The Communications director will be responsible for:
• Multiple Websites, Blogs, podcast, and Shopify maintenance (revising information in SNM page, Unborn Memorials, YourWereMadeForMore.org, and AFL website)
• Social Media Check-In and Engagement for SNM/AFL/YouWereMadeForMore
• Printing and Formatting Publications, Resources, and Websites
• Creating graphics for AFL, YWMFM & SNM Social Media
• Posting/scheduling graphics to social media for all three
• Posting/scheduling articles for all
• Posting/scheduling promotional material for all
• Thinking connectively between ministry needs & opportunities for communications/marketing.
• Summit/Symposium Planning – Communication – Prepping – Marketing
• Lay out Carpe Diem Newsletter, Brochures, & Materials
• Help prepare Mailings.
Qualifications and Requirements
As a top representative of our organization, the marketing director must be Communications/Marketing/Publicity minded, articulate, comfortable interacting with different types of mediums, and familiar with a variety of communication methodologies. Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of marketing experience, preferably in the nonprofit and church fields. They should also be familiar with Adobe, Hootsuite, and Canva software, and other technology to use in their daily job duties.
Additional skills we are looking for include:
• A vibrant love for God, and for His church
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Project & Time Manager and flexibility with job duties.
• Creative, self-motivated, organized, multi-tasker.
• Differentiate demographic communication styles for various audiences.
• Understands Strategic thinking and planning, and team player.
• Proficient on Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, WordPress
• One-week paid vacation 1st year
• Monday to Friday (flexible office hours possible)
Applications are being accepted and are encouraged. Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements) to [email protected] Anglicans for Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.