Date Posted: October 10, 2023
Centro Tepeyac Women’s Center
Status: Paid - Part Time
- Performs individual counseling, crisis intervention, material assistance, consultation/outreach and follow-up with participants seeking assistance. Provides participant assessments, intakes and appropriate referrals. May perform other related tasks that are a part of day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake interviews with participants who request counseling services and completes the requisite paperwork within the allotted time.
- Provides emotional, prayerful and material support to women in crisis situations.
- Maintains up-to-date notes on participants.
- Inputs on Ekyros software participant’s intakes and pregnancy tests forms.
- Administer pregnancy tests to participants.
- Performs relevant follow-up to participants.
- Consults with supervisors and staff as needed.
- Act as a liaison between participant and any relevant services required by participant including referrals to appropriate services.
- Interact with participants and fellow staff in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in crisis situation
- Participate in all job responsibilities with openness to learning and receiving feedback
Experience Needed: Fluent in both English and Spanish Knowledge and basic skills in crisis pregnancy counseling practices and methods. Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents. Ability to communicate orally, both in person and by telephone. Ability to present oneself in an appropriately personable and professional manner with participants and staff. Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others. Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant. Ability to effectively weigh and evaluate personal needs, participant needs and the aims and policies of Centro Tepeyac. Ability to remain calm and supportive in crisis situations High school diploma or GED, preferred some college level.
Apply by Email: [email protected]