Date Posted: September 13, 2021
Sidewalk Advocates for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
Sidewalk Advocates for Life (SAFL) is a peaceful, prayerful, law-abiding non-profit organization whose
mission is to “train, equip, and support local communities across the United States and the world in sidewalk
advocacy: to be the hands and feet of Christ, offering loving, life-affirming alternatives to all present at
abortion facilities, thereby eliminating demand and ending abortion.”
SAFL currently has 214 locations across the globe and serves local communities through a comprehensive,
3-point, sidewalk advocacy training, tools, and support program. In its seven year history on the sidewalk,
the ministry has witnessed over 13,300 babies saved, 78 workers leave the business, and 27 facility closures
among a multitude of other blessings through God’s grace.
SAFL is looking for a mission-oriented, highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual to manage our
Communications Department, including drafting and editing content, advising on all strategic
communications, arranging speaking engagements and media interviews, and all other tasks necessary to
ensure our Communications Department functions effectively.
This is a full-time position at 35 hours a week, working remotely, with occasional travel.
We are unable to hire applicants outside of the United States. Please note that depending on your state of
residence, there may be a waiting period of up to a month before you can start work with us while we obtain
the necessary business licenses.
Applicants must own a reliable computer, printer, and have reliable high-speed internet access and
telephone service in his/her home. SAFL does provide a modest technology stipend to purchase necessary
equipment. This stipend will be discussed with you if you are selected for an interview.
All applicants must be willing to sign and abide by our Statement of Faith, on the next page.
● Project Management – oversee all elements of the Communications Department, including
developing a comprehensive plan and schedule for all communications coming from the
organization including social media, email, and written materials
● Team Management – supervise all members of the Communications Department and ensure
everyone is effectively collaborating and managing their workload to ensure that work is completed
in a timely manner and with consistent high quality
● Strategic Communications Plan – work closely with the President & CEO on sharing the vision and
mission of SAFL; grow SAFL’s reputation within the pro-life community and in the general public; work
with Programs and Development Departments to ensure that all communications convey an
accurate image of SAFL
● Crisis Communications – “on-call” for handling crisis communications situations; maintain and
implement the crisis communications policy when necessary; review content from other
departments for potential communications liabilities
● Content Development – edit and oversee content to leaders and the public through newsletters and
biweekly email; write and edit content for social media, video and webcast scripts, the website, and
printed material; review and advise on content for other departments (e.g. – training materials);
develop benchmark criteria to track, evaluate, and report the effectiveness of the communications
● Media Relations – develop and maintain relationships with media contacts; create press releases
and press statements; manage the media guide and press content (i.e. – available photos and
video); coordinate and encourage media requests; conduct media monitoring and update SAFL
National Team on media coverage
● Social Media – coordinate content creation and posting for all SAFL social media accounts; analyze
social media metrics to grow followers and engagement
● Internal Communications – work with the COO to develop and implement strategies to improve
internal communications and keep healthy, efficient lines of communication open within the SAFL
● Media Contractors and Special Media Projects – coordinate all media-related independent
contractors (video, website, graphic design, etc.); coordinate all media-related special projects
● Events – plan speakers and content for our national conference and other events, including
speaking events the President & CEO may be asked to participate in
● Mission-Building Work – work with SAFL’s President & CEO on general projects that build SAFL’s
● Communications Budget – assist in creating and manage the communications budget
● B.A. in Communications, Marketing or related field
● 5 years of experience managing communications and marketing for at least small-to-mid-sized
● Experience working in Communications with a pro-life or pro-family organization strongly preferred
● Ability to manage a diverse team of people effectively
● Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while balancing priorities and meeting deadlines
● Excellent writing skills and effective storytelling ability
● Incredible attention to detail and ability to edit content with both an eye for grammar and spelling
conventions, as well as strategy and tone
● Strong sense of communication strategy
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments in an organization
● Experience using Google Workspace, Asana or other task management system, Hootsuite,
WordPress, Mailchimp and all popular social media platforms
Compensation will be discussed during the interview process.
SAFL offers four (4) weeks of paid time off each calendar year, 8 weeks of paid parental leave, and
bereavement leave. We also offer health insurance for full-time employees (30 hours a week or more), and
a group dental plan. We do not offer a retirement plan or life insurance at this time.
Training will be provided by the SAFL National Team.
To apply, please submit three references (2 business references and one spiritual reference from a priest or
pastor), your resume, and cover letter as separate attachments in PDF form to
[email protected] with the subject line “Director of Communications Application.”
Applications must be received by Midnight Pacific Time, August 31st. Applications will not be accepted
after this date.
If selected to interview, we will contact you for 1-3 phone or video interviews; after that, you may be
contacted for an in-person interview before a final selection is made.