Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Content Manager supports the various functions of the Marketing and Communication Department and Development Department, including web and social media, email marketing, prospecting, and blog management. The Manager will work alongside each function of the department to ensure that all content and messaging is consistent and on-brand. As part of the Marketing and Communication department, the Content Manager contributes to Care Net’s overall messaging related to sharing the Gospel, defending the unborn, and building Biblical families.
Web and Social Media
o Create daily, organic content for Care Net’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn social media channels. Actively manage and monitor these accounts and Care Net’s social media presence.
o Explore use of other social media platforms and assess if/how they could benefit Care Net’s mission and vision. Make recommendations to management about which platforms Care Net uses.
o Write and schedule Weekend Update email (Care Net’s weekly subscription-based email newsletter to general public subscribers) each week and reply to incoming emails when necessary.
o Manage the Abundant Life Blog
• Use social listening skills to come up with weekly blog topics.
• Write regular, original blog posts.
• Communicate with blog authors to share topic ideas and edit incoming posts from curated authors
o Manage Care Net’s public-facing website (care-net.org); assist with page creation and editing.
o Monitor SEO
Multimedia Content Producer
o Coordinate the production of Care Net’s various multimedia content platforms, including podcasts, Life Chat videos, and other content.
o Work with the President and CEO’s assistant to schedule monthly recording times.
o Choose topics and create talking points and scripts
o Prepare “on air” talent for each recording session by sharing topics, talking points, and scripts ahead of scheduled recording times
o Coordinate the production of final creative with video and audio production vendors.
o Coordinate the promotion and distribution of final creative via social media, email, web, etc.
● Other duties as assigned
Travel, Conference, and Other Events
● Mandatory attendance at Care Net’s annual conference (roughly 6 days travel).
● Committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
● Agrees with and can uphold Care Net’s Statement of Faith, Vision/Mission and Core Values.
● Possesses a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and related sexual purity and Biblical family issues
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
● 1 to 3 years of professional experience in at least two of the following:
o managing an organization’s or company’s social media presence, primarily via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
o writing emails and blog posts for a general public audience, e.g., donors, prospects, stakeholders
o using an automated marketing system such as Hubspot to manage web and social media content
o managing a paid social media advertising campaign via Facebook, Google Ads, or similar
● Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills and can work independently in a fast-paced office environment
● Organized and detail oriented
● Experience with (or savvy to learn) online systems/websites such as Hubspot, YouTube, Ahrefs, Soundcloud, and Vimeo
● Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
● Video and audio production and editing
● Knowledge of SEO
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and a brief statement describing your Christian faith and your pro-life position to Vincent DiCaro, Chief Outreach Officer, Care Net, at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
About Care Net
Founded in 1975, Care Net supports the one of largest network of pregnancy centers in North America and runs a real-time call center providing pregnancy decision coaching. Care Net envisions a culture where women and men facing pregnancy decisions are empowered by the gospel of Jesus Christ to choose life for their unborn children and abundant life for their families. Acknowledging that every human life begins at conception and is worthy of protection, Care Net offers compassion, hope, and help to anyone considering abortion by presenting them with realistic alternatives and Christ-centered support through its life-affirming network of pregnancy centers, organizations, and individuals. Learn more at care-net.org.
Experience Needed: 1-2 year
Job Type: Educational
Apply by Email: [email protected]