Date Posted: January 22, 2024
Students for Life of America
Status: Paid - Part Time
The Campaign for Abortion Free Cities (CAFC) Community Organizer (CO) will work with the CAFC Manager to ensure the success of the campaign in his or her target city. The campaign will consist of grassroots efforts such as door-to-door canvassing, displays, speaking engagements, and other local events. The CO will report to the CAFC Manager and assist Students for Life of America’s Field Team with maintaining and improving student groups, churches, Pregnancy Help Organizations, and other local pro-life organizations in the target city. Based on success and experience, the CO may also be assigned a caseload of smaller campaigns to mentor from afar.
Essential Functions for Abortion Free Cities CO
- Build community relationships with church leaders, Pregnancy Help Organizations, and other local pro-life organizations to work in coalition.
- Encourage participation in and attend sidewalk counseling events, monthly.
- Help organize local mobilization opportunities, as needed.
- Attend local community events and table with resources recruiting for the campaign.
- Recruit volunteers for and lead door-to-door outreach (door knocking) with Abortion Free Cities Campaign materials to meet monthly goals.
- Visitlocal campuses and churches to drop off materials, provide trainings, or host displays.
- Work alongside the Field Team to close new Students for Life groups within the target city, as needed.
- Helps activate X amount of Student groups
- Completes X amount of Standing With You Tabletops
- Data and metric entry into Salesforce database system.
- Research for special projects and legislation.
- Engage in fundraising activities, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and online search engines. Must be teachable to learn SFLA Salesforce database. Candidates must be gritty, self- motivated, a good problem solver, have an entrepreneurial spirit, expert multi-tasker, maintain confidentiality, able to work independently, and be a highly-organized person. Candidates must have knowledge of grammar rules and utilize the oxford comma.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. You may be assigned volunteer-led campaigns to mentor and consult.
Community Organizers will work from their home but will spend much of their time traveling to local events, campuses, or activism opportunities. This position requires discipline and good time management as you are working from home and creating an event/travel schedule.
Candidates must be centrally and strategically located in Denver, CO.
Community Organizers must be able to withstand long periods of walking (door to door canvassing, local and national marches). Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, working at least 10 to 15 hours per week. Days and hours of work are designed to be flexible, with the understanding that mission goals are completed.
Travel will be local within the target city. As part of our national team, you will join SFLA twice per year for all staff events around the March for Life in January and SFLA All Team Week in July.
Required Education and Experience
The part-time position requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree, but a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. An applicant who is currently an ungraduate student may still apply.
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.