Date Posted: April 6, 2023
Sidewalk Advocates for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
SAFL is looking for a mission-oriented, highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual who can play the lead role in strategizing, creating, and executing on all efforts to grow revenue for the organization. The Director of Development works closely with the Communications Department in developing fundraising collateral and online content to promote giving, as well with as the President & CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO) to determine achievable donor revenue to meet or exceed budgetary requirements.
This is a full-time position at 35 hours a week working remotely and reporting to the COO.
Applicants must own a reliable computer, printer, and have high-speed internet access and telephone service in his/her home. SAFL does provide a modest technology stipend to purchase necessary equipment. This stipend will be discussed with you if you are selected for an interview.
All applicants must be willing to sign and abide by our Statement of Faith.
● Create a plan/strategy for achieving annual revenue goals and targets to meet throughout
● Collaborate with the Communications Department to prepare all outreach to existing and
prospective donors, including fundraising letters, postcards, emails, and other
● Manage a portfolio of existing donors to include researching philanthropic potential and
securing annual or planned giving
● Track key donor metrics and assist in preparing annual Impact Report
● Research prospective donors to constantly grow the SAFL portfolio of new and potential
partners with our ministry
● Cultivate relationships with existing and potential donors through written communications,
phone calls and/or video calls; maintain all outreach in our donor CRM platform (Salsa)
● Develop and execute fundraising strategy for existing matching endowment fund and
establish goals for achieving matching fund each year
● Research and apply for potential grants
● Occasional travel may be required
More information available at sidewalkadvocates.org/about/career-opportunities.
Experience Needed: Experience developing and implementing a wide variety of fundraising strategies for a mid-sized non-profit organization, with a proven track record of success in increasing organizational revenue and donor base. Seasoned at managing relationships and soliciting major gifts and planned gifts through in-person meetings, Zoom meetings, and/or written communication. Highly effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication with staff, donors, and other stakeholders, including active listening skills and clear articulation of the organization's mission and values. Exceptional time management and organizational skills. Passion for the pro-life cause. Experience using GSuite, Asana, or other task management system. Proficiency in the use of fundraising databases to develop strategy, set goals and analyze data. Experience using Salsa and Bloomerang a plus. High degree of independent thinking, self-motivation, and creativity.
Job Type: Administrative
Apply by Email: [email protected]