Date Posted: April 5, 2023
Birth Choice Dallas
Status: Paid - Full Time
Description: Birth Choice Dallas is seeking a seasoned, creative, energetic and authentic individual to assume the critical role of Director of Development. This role is essential to the success of our center and is critical to raising the funds to support our mission, our center and the culture of life while actively combating the evils of the culture of death. This role requires event management, which includes fundraising events such as galas and small gatherings. Principally, the role will build donor relationships to engage new and recurring philanthropic interests and gifts to sustain our Birth Choice clients and staff. The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director.
Objectives: The Director of Development is a member of the Birth Choice administrative team responsible for securing funds according to the annual budget set by the Board of Directors.
The duties include but are not limited to:
● Developing overall fundraising strategy with the Executive Director and Board
● Securing and cultivating one-on-one visits with current and prospective benefactors
● Soliciting major gifts for various programs and initiatives
● Planning fundraising events and the annual calendar of fundraising events
● Researching grant opportunities and writing and submitting grant applications
● Developing and implementing communications calendar for electronic and print materials
● Utilizing and Maintaining Birth Choice’s donor database software
● Regularly attending local events as a representative of Birth Choice
● Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
● Highly self-motivated professional
● Two years of work experience in fundraising, business development, or related field required
● Passionately pro-life beliefs including complete opposition to contraception, abortion and euthanasia
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English
● Ability to manage time well, as many days will consist of off-site appointments. visits with donors, and event timelines
● Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to work collaboratively with all Birth Choice staff
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Public speaking skills and ability to connect with groups and individuals
● Strong problem solving skills
● Proficient Microsoft Office skills including Outlook and Excel
● In depth experience with a CRM, donor management and fundraising system preferred (experience with Network for Good is a plus)
● Experience with Canva or basic graphic design a plus
● Social media campaigns for non-profit organizations a plus
About Birth Choice: We are a Catholic organization passionate about the culture of Life. We love to collaborate with our clients, donors and partners. Birth Choice is twelve years old and growing. We currently have ten staff members. We are enthusiastic to share our mission towards a world where contraception and abortion are unthinkable.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Aaron Fowler, Executive Director, at [email protected].
Questions? Call 214-631-2402.