Pregnancy Center West
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Executive Director (ED) leads day-to-day activities at Pregnancy Center West (PCW). The ED manages employees and maintains relationships with clients, community members, donors, the PCW board and key stakeholders. General responsibilities include assessing community and client needs and collaborating with staff and board to determine the best path to meet those needs. The ED has overall responsibility for the financial health and stability of PCW, working with staff and board to plan and execute fundraising events and cultivating current and new major donors.
1. Collaborates with the Board of Directors in overall governance of organization:
–Assists with strategic planning, developing objectives and goals, annual planning and policy development.
–Implements Board-approved goals, objectives, policies and plans, and incorporates them into daily operations.
–Provides information and reports regarding the Center’s operations; informs the Board of issues or concerns.
2. Supports organization’s mission through program/ services development and delivery:
–Continuously researches community needs in areas pertinent to the center’s mission.
–Develops detailed plans for programs and services to meet client needs while supporting the mission of PCW.
–Oversees client services. Ensures quality and other standards are being met in serving clients.
3. Fosters growth and stability of the organization, including fundraising, public relations, and marketing:
–Represents PCW to the staff, donors, community and other constituencies.
–Regularly develops and suggests plans for growth; effectively implements plans/programs approved by the Board.
–Develops and sustains marketing plans to attract new clients to the center, as well as foster support (both PR and financial) for PCW’s mission.
–Communicates and interacts with churches, help/aid agencies, governmental agencies and leaders, community, media, and donors; networks with other life-affirming organizations toward fulfilling a common vision.
–Collaborates with Development Director on maintenance of “Major Giver” portfolio
–Oversees fundraising with Director of Development, ensuring success and consistency of fundraising programs.
4. Responsible for the administration and management of the organization’s resources:
–Plans, organizes, and directs the day-to-day operations of the organization.
–Ensures recruitment and training of volunteers and staff to promote the mission and provide quality services.
–Supervises or oversees the supervision of volunteers and staff. Provides timely informal and formal performance evaluation/feedback/goal setting.
–Creates an office atmosphere that encourages openness, honesty, trust, respect, and Christian reconciliation/restoration/unity.
–Plans and manages facility and facility resources.
–Administers budget. Ensures appropriate, accurate, and relevant recordkeeping and reporting.
5. Demonstrates strong servant leadership by supporting and promoting harmony and a ministry of restoration/reconciliation modeled after Christ’s example. Also leads by serving clients and volunteers lovingly and effectively, therefore supporting and promoting PCW’s pro-life mission.
6. Performs special projects or tasks as assigned by the Board.
1. Be ardently pro-life and passionate about the mission and ministry of Pregnancy Center West. Be honest. Operate with integrity. Maintain confidentiality in the management of donor and client records/data. Be flexible, collaborative and cooperative in working with other staff, volunteers, donors and supporters.
2. Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business or nonprofit administration, human resource management, or related field. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
3. Problem solving and program development ability/skills to develop/evaluate programs and administer/manage operations and staff of the organization and resolve problems.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
5. Self-starter with good judgment and integrity.
6. Willingness and ability to serve clients and other constituencies (staff, donors, vendors, etc.) in a way that honors Jesus Christ and supports and promotes PCW’s life-affirming ministry.
7. Willingness and ability to share the gospel of Jesus Christ by word and example, to encourage clients, staff, and other PCW constituencies to support a ministry of life.
About the Employer
Pregnancy Center West provides free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, and material assistance for women facing unplanned pregnancies. We educate women on positive alternatives to abortion, and do our best to empower them to choose life for their unborn child. We encourage chaste lifestyles for those married and unmarried, and we present on Godly relationships in our local Catholic schools.
Job Type: Executive
Apply by Email: