Date Posted: June 21, 2023
Care Net Pregnancy Center
Status: Paid - Full Time
- Denomination: Non-Denomination
- Weekly Attendance: n/a
- Location: Owensboro, KY
The Role: Executive Director
Care Net CenterMeet Care Net :
Care Net opened in 2005 providing education and material resources to clients including diapers, wipes, blankets, car seats, cribs and many other baby essentials. In 2009 we became a licensed medical facility under the direction of a licensed physician and began offering free pregnancy testing and Obstetrical Ultrasounds. In 2016 we expanded to offer free STD testing and treatment. In 2022 we expanded our STD testing to include Trichomoniasis. In addition, we serve as a credible source for fact-based and truthful information to middle and high school students in the Owensboro, Daviess County, and surrounding areas.
The Care Net team includes a volunteer licensed physician as our medical director,a radiologist who voluntarily reads our ultrasounds, two Registered Nurses, one RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) on staff.
Our volunteer board of directors includes physicians, attorneys, stock brokers, pastors, accountants, HR professionals, and other professionals from our community. Additionally we have regular volunteers from our community that are passionate about serving our ministry.
At Care Net, we don’t stop at saving the life of unborn children…we work to ensure that they — and their mothers and fathers — can experience the abundant life Christ brings. We do this by not just being pro-life, but by also being pro-motherhood, pro-fatherhood, pro-marriage, and pro-gospel.
About the Executive Director:
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Care-Net Pregnancy Center of Owensboro (“Care Net” or “organization”) and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. These key functions include responsibility for the areas of client services, development, operations, fundraising, public relations, and community outreach. Responsibilities Include:
- Board Governance/Communication (Works with Board in order to fulfill Care Net’s mission)
- Responsible for leading Care Net in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for oversight of the development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures designed to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Care Net, which includes submission to the Board of Directors a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Care Net’s mission.
- Organization Mission and Strategy (Works with the Board, employees and volunteers to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach)
- Responsible for implementation of Care Net programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Care Net can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Care Net’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations. (Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate)
- Responsible for effective administration of Care Net’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Director:
- Education & Experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent administrative and supervisory skills including organization and task management.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with new acquaintances, men and women alike, and to “network” effectively.
- Ability to relate effectively to individuals in one-to-one conversations, showing excellent listening, interviewing and counseling skills, primarily with women.
- A confident, gracious, pro-active leadership style that represents the Care Net with integrity and credibility.
- Ability to build effective networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s Degree in a related field preferred..
- Consistent participation as a volunteer or employee with pro-life concerns and efforts, either legislative or ministerial (preferably this would include experience with a pregnancy care center as an employee or volunteer).
- Employment experience in marketing, fund-raising, public relations or development activities (preferably in the non-profit sector).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Oversee development, marketing, and communications activities and provide assistance as needed.
- Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective programs to fulfill Care Net’s mission.
- Develop a yearly development plan.
- Coordinate a yearly calendar for Care Net and implementation of special events.
- Work closely with the Board to promote public awareness of Care Net through advertisements, church presentations, and other identified mediums
- Educate the local community about Care Net and the sanctity of human life, including churches, pastors, community groups, and the professional community, with the goal of obtaining their support and involvement.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations locally and throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Care Net’s mission.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of ongoing relationships with pastors and churches in the community.
- Provide peer counseling to clients as needed.
- Be available for “on-call” duty to answer phones and assist front-office staff as needed.
- Ability to think and act proactively in order to develop and implement strategic plans and goals.
- Ability to structure and communicate ideas accurately and effectively.
- Possess good English grammar skills (vocabulary, spelling, syntax, composition, etc.)
- Effective communicator in various formats, including as a public speaker, educator, correspondent and newsletter publisher/editor.
- Good basic mathematics skills (preferably basic bookkeeping or accounting experience).
- Ability to function efficiently with a computer.
- Possess a knowledge of and/or interest in and/or willingness to learn the current legal and political environment specifically as it relates to impact on the mission of the center.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and solid emotional health, as evidenced by:
General knowledge of, confidence in, and obedience to the Word of God.
- Faithful and prayerful reliance upon God for wisdom and direction.
- Ability to articulate the central truths of the Christian faith to others.
- At ease in praying aloud with others.
- Personal presentation of proper self-confidence complemented by humility, honesty, teachability, modesty, winsomeness and self-initiative.
- Reputation of moral, spiritual, and financial integrity.
- Commitment to confidentiality and “tongue control.”
- Willingness and commitment to consider the position as an opportunity to serve the Lord Jesus Christ, not just a job.
- Commitment to the sanctity of human life and unreserved complete agreement with the Care Net’s Statement of Faith, including evidence of acceptance of conservative scholarship regarding Biblical interpretation.
- Favorable reference from pastor or church leader of a church where candidate has attended faithfully for at least 12 consecutive months within the last two years.
- Willingness, while employed at Care Net, to participate faithfully with a church whose doctrines and practices are similar and do not contradict the concepts or the spirit of the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- Dignified professionalism, intuition, and gentleness to work cooperatively with the employees and volunteers to carry out the Care Net’s mission.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and policies and procedures of Care Net.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction to employees and volunteers.
What it’s Like to Live in Owensboro, KY:
- Owensboro is Kentucky’s fourth-largest city, nestled on a scenic bend of the Ohio River in western Kentucky.
- Owensboro is the culinary and cultural hub of western Kentucky, with a wide variety of wonderfully delicious, locally owned restaurants and a thriving arts community. No trip to Owensboro is complete without enjoying Owensboro’s signature hickory-smoked barbecue mutton and flavorful burgoo, sampling some of Kentucky’s finest bourbons, and exploring our ties to the roots of bluegrass music.
- Take in a Broadway show or an Owensboro Symphony Orchestra concert at RiverPark Center. Explore the renowned collections at the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art and Owensboro Museum of Science and History, or Enjoy nature’s beauty at the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden
- Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals, including the world-famous International Bar-B-Q Festival, ROMP bluegrass music festival, and the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Daylily Festival.
- As the Bluegrass Capital of the world, Owensboro is home to the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the world’s only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the history of the genre that originated in western Kentucky.
- Owensboro was designated as the Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Sportstown for the state of Kentucky for its sports and recreation options. Owensboro offers outstanding facilities and complexes capable of hosting youth and adult tournaments for baseball, softball, soccer, tennis, hockey and more, and individual options include ice skating, disc golf, hiking and trail biking. In short, Owensboro is one of the best places in Kentucky and the U.S. to participate in or watch sporting activities.
- Centrally located among numerous midwestern cities, Owensboro’s hospitality, attractions, world-class convention center and extraordinary riverfront make it a winning choice for conventions and meetings of any kind.
Job Type: Executive
Apply by Email: