Date Posted: July 18, 2023
Several Sources Shelters
Status: Paid - Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
SALARY: $140,000 – $150,000
LOCATION: On-site each day in Ramsey, NJ
PNP Staffing Group is excited to have been retained by Several Sources Shelters to lead their search for an Executive Director.
About Several Sources Shelters
Several Sources is a faith-based, independent, nonprofit organization located in Bergen County, NJ that currently operates pro-life shelters for pregnant moms, a sonogram center including mobile sonogram sprinter vans, a hotline for prolife counseling and finally a Special Families program to support our neediest “graduates”. Our residential program is for young women and our goal is to help those we serve discover purpose for their lives, and become productive and thriving individuals. Our outreach programs and resources are biblically based.
Summary of the Role
The Executive Director has a deep passion for the Mission of Several Sources Shelters, mothers, and children. Sets and fulfills the strategic plan as directed by the Board. Steers the organization through hands-on leadership and oversees the operation. This position reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Board.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the Executive Committee and the Board to fulfill the mission, develop a clear vision strategic plan with short and long-term goals, translating them into action. Responsible for leading Several Sources in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Trustees.
• Communicate effectively with the Board providing timely and accurate information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions
• Plan and coordinate Board meetings with Chair
• Seek Board input for important decision-making issues
• Leverage Board members’ talents and encourage their engagement
Financial Performance and Viability
Balance the passion for the mission with the responsibility to effectively run an organization to sustain financial stability long-term.
• Responsible for fiscal management, operating within the approved budget ensuring long term financial stability, maintaining the organization in a positive financial position
• Assess and grow current and future donor opportunities including various fundraising events, speaking engagements, churches, grants and planned giving
• Establish long-term financial sustainability by building on current donor models while developing and securing new and ongoing revenue streams
• Maintain and build on existing donor based relationships
Organization Development and Leadership
Cultivate a personal connection to staff and inspire them in their daily work, setting the tone for a culture that reflects faith-based values and celebrates saving babies lives
• Develop a leadership team who are empowered to make decisions
• Work to retain, recruit and develop a team who are skilled and devoted to the mission
• Cultivate a culture of openness and fairness that supports staff and encourages teamwork
• Oversee and support the staff in enhancing and improving Several Sources Shelters’ operations and programs
• Provide for professional development and performance management of staff
Serve as the face and ambassador of Several Sources Shelters forging trusted partnerships with key stakeholder groups aligned with the mission.
• Speak eloquently, persuasively, and credibly about the organization, the mission and the services we offer women in a range of settings, advocating effectively for support of Several Sources
• Maintain strong relationships with peers and key stakeholder
Liaison Between Stakeholders
Cultivate relationships with other nonprofit leaders and identify mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Strengthen strategic partnerships to improve and expand services offered to women and children within the scope of the mission
• Encourage continued relationships with women we served by providing opportunities to give back to the organization
Marketing and Technology
Ensure advanced technology is in place, keeping abreast of tools available.
• Utilize systems to provide timely and accurate data analysis to make better decisions for more effective fundraising
• Ensure the Board has the right tools for conducting collaborative meetings, communicating outside the boardroom, quickly executing decisions, and practicing effective governance overall.
• Ensure an updated social media presence
Ensure that the organization is operating in compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MS in Organizational Leadership with a focus on Non- Profit, MPA or other appropriate advanced degree a plus
• Seasoned faith-based, Christ centered Executive Leader in the non-profit arena
• Collaborative team builder who can connect with the women we serve, and with staff,
donors and Board members
• Experienced fund raiser with proven outcomes, including grants and planned giving
• Strategic, big picture thinker with ability to implement tactically and efficiently
• Decisive decision-maker
• Skilled in conflict management, composure, judgment, and problem-solving
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of professionalism
• Financial acumen to create and administer budgets, and to work with CPA firm
• Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills; natural speaker and storyteller
• Proficient in technology and software
• Physical and emotional stamina
All tasks and responsibilities are performed in accordance with and to promote Several Sources pro-life mission and vision and Christian core beliefs and core operational values.
Several Sources Shelters has retained PNP Staffing Group to lead this search. Please email resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter. [email protected]