Date Posted: October 18, 2022
Pregnancy Resource Center of the Valleys, Inc.
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Pregnancy Resource Center of the Valleys (PRCV) is here to give women who are pregnant or who are going through an unplanned pregnancy, the information and resources they need to make an empowered decision about theirs and their babies future. Whatever option they are considering be it adoption, parenting or abortion we are here to help and educate them.
Purpose of the Position
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Pregnancy Resource Center of the Valleys (PRCV). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Center Directors
- Outreach and Programs Manager
- Development Director
- Programmatic Direction of Nursing and Patient Services
1)Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission. Responsible for leading PRCV in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2)Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support PRCV’s mission. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of PRCV, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and, in conjunction with the treasurer, prepare monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3)Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsible for implementation of PRCV’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that PRCV can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future. Responsible for the enhancement of PRCV’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4)Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff. Responsible for effective administration of PRCV operations. Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as PRCV’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Along with the Development Director, establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance PRCV’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Assist the Board and attend committee meetings as needed.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and develop staff as needed
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and policies of the center (available upon request).
- At a minimum, have a bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance or Nursing. Preferably a master’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a volunteer or employee in ministry preferably in management.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing, and effective media relations.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction for the staff members and volunteers.
- Be able to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the center.
- Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Three or more years of nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Pay and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Experience Needed: At a minimum, have a bachelor's degree in Management, Finance or Nursing. Preferably a master’s degree. Minimum of two years of experience as a volunteer or employee in ministry preferably in management. Three or more years of nonprofit management experience. Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
Job Type: Executive
State: New York
Apply by Email: [email protected]