Date Posted: September 14, 2022
March for Life Education and Defense Fund
Status: Paid - Full Time
The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that coordinates the
world’s largest annual pro-life event and civil protest. Through the annual March in Washington, DC,
marches in state capitals across the country, and through being the collective voice of Pro-Life marchers on
Capitol Hill, in the Media, and on social media every day of the year, the organization is uniquely
positioned to build a culture of life. The organization is currently seeking to hire an Operations Manager.
Based in Washington D.C. a few blocks from the White House, this full-time in-person position will report to
the Executive Director.
As the Operations Manager, your most important responsibilities are to manage the finances and daily
operations of the organization, and to ensure that event operations surrounding the national March for Life
run smoothly in conjunction with government agencies, production vendors, and security provided; guide
regular all-staff meetings centered on the National March for Life; and manage the donor database, Salesforce.
- Shepherd accounts payables processes through Bill.com and Quickbooks Online in conjunction with
Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper
- Help with the preparation for and approval of the annual budget for both March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action including any department or person-specific budgets; manage the budget throughout the year to ensure revenue and expenses are tracked and adjusting budget forecast as necessary
- Disseminate financial reports for both March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action through collaboration with accounting
- Assist Executive Director with annual independent audit in accordance with state and federal guidelines and file the Form 990 in collaboration with operations staff
- Act as point of contact with legal firm overseeing state filing requirements in accordance with state charitable solicitation regulations
- Manage Administrative Assistant and part-time external contractors (Accountant and Bookkeeper)
- Manage our donor database, Salesforce, by acting as an ambassador between Salesforce consultants and staff to ensure that user and app licenses are properly utilized, staff are trained in their areas of Salesforce responsibilities, and processes for data hygiene and organization are implemented and sustained in response to growing organizational needs
- Oversee the search, hiring, onboarding, and off-boarding of interns
Help with National March for Life Operations:
- Obtain event-related permits for the national March for Life from National Park Service (NPS),
United States Capitol Police (USCP), and MPD (Metropolitan Police Department) and other
jurisdictions as required; orchestrate the coordination of all agencies and partners involved in
operations and security through meetings hosted by NPS;
- Update and submit emergency plan and coordinate the rental and purchase of all goods and services listed and required therein including but not limited to radios, ambulance, and warming buses.
- Facilitate site design of the National Mall to include all necessary production elements, tents, medical services, and emergency support units are in place and within budget in close collaboration with production company and NPS.
- Organize registration and on-site management of backstage badgesat the March for Life Rally
- Preside over January daily calls during the weeks preceding the National March and yearround discussions of the timeline at bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Plan and pilot the all-staff After-Action meeting for the National March
- 3+ years of experience in business administration, non-profit experience preferred
- Strong ethical leadership abilities and a diversified skillset to respond to the broad and intensive nature of the day to day and seasonal responsibilities of a dynamic event-centered organization
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Accurate, precise, and orderly data management skills.
- Excellent follow through.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and negotiation
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience with Salesforce, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com is strongly preferred.
- Passion for building a culture of life within a small, collaborative pro-life organization
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for (2) references to