Date Posted: June 23, 2022
Students for Life of America
Status: Paid - Full Time
SFLA Regional Coordinators develop and improve the effectiveness of SFLA by working with pro-life campus groups, regional pro-life organizations, community members, and encouraging participation in the greater Pro-Life Movement. A Regional Coordinator’s work includes, but is not limited to, improving existing groups, recruiting and activating community members, and encouraging student involvement in all 5 Pillars: Effective Education, Industry Impact, Public Policy, Rapid Response, and Supportive Services. This position is core to the general operations of SFLA of working with pro-life campus groups and encouraging participation in the Pro-Life Movement. We are looking for someone with campus pro-life experience, a passion for abolishing abortion and excellent leadership skills.
This position will be based out of Omaha, NE.
To apply, please email Sarah Zarr, [email protected], with your cover letter and resume.
- Create a vision for growth in his/her region.
- Meet with local and regional pro-life organizations and others who support the mission to establish networks that can assist with the work of SFLA.
- Government & GOTV Coordination.
- Build relationships with legislators in the region
- Actively engage in legislative battles that concern abortion.
- Meet annual metrics by strategizing ways to achieve them.
- Maintain a certain number of groups in the region.
- Improve the quality of the pro-life groups in his/her region.
- Consult with group leaders to help them troubleshoot problems and provide advice.
- Travel to unique campuses throughout the year.
- Organize pro-life events on and off campus, such as displays or trainings that support groups participating in all five pillars.
- Training students to become more effective pro-life leaders and activists.
- Recruit students to attend the National Conference.
- Help student groups effectively end campus abortions by recruiting them to join the Standing With You and Campaign for Abortion Free Cities.
- Coordinate pro-life students to Rapidly Respond to pro-abortion events in the community.
- Collect pro-life contacts by clipboarding, using Facebook, attending meetings or other events to grow SFLA communications.
- Communicate with students and supporters regularly via email, phone, and text, as well as keep up a public positive presence on social media.
- Identify and carryout strategies to best engage students on the campuses.
- Work with the SFLA Development Team in regional fundraising efforts
- Provide quarterly regional updates to be used in email blasts
- Assist in planning one regional in-person donor event a year
- Attend and co-plan two virtual regional donor calls a year
- Utilize community events to network with donors/potential donors
- Participate in weekly calls and daily group chats to report progress.
- Keep accurate records of metrics, group activity, and leadership contact information in Salesforce.
- Assist the President and Director’s Team with special assignments.
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance, and personal vehicle to travel region.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A positive attitude, good problem-solving skills, and a passion for serving in the pro-life field are a must.
- Some experience working or volunteering within the Pro-Life Movement.
- Budget management as a budget will be provided within which the Regional Coordinator is responsible for ordering all supplies, covering travel expenses, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision in carrying out the core functions listed above.
Although the position requires management of the Regional Coordinator’s region, groups, and volunteers, there is no internal supervisory responsibility within the role of a Regional Coordinator.
Regional Coordinators will work from their home base but will spend most of their time traveling and on campus, training and equipping students. This position requires discipline and good time management as you are working from home and creating your own travel schedule.
Candidates must be centrally and strategically located in the region.
Regional Coordinators must be able to withstand long periods of driving/traveling. Other physical demands may include: setting up displays, walking around campuses, standing during display times, and participating in local and national March for Life events. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position working at least 45 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours can be somewhat flexible by request.
This position consists of a great deal of travel, as you will be visiting student groups all throughout your region and helping them be effective on campus. When schools are in session, you can expect to be traveling on campus 3 to 4 days per week. Non-travel days will be spent working out of your home office.
Required Education and Experience
The full-time position requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree, but a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.