Date Posted: September 22, 2023
Status: Paid - Full Time
About us (ICU Mobile)
We are a bold, rewarding, and challenging ministry and our goal is to Serve Women, Save Lives and Share Christ.
Our work environment includes:
Domestic Missions based service opportunity
Unique and active office setting that is on the GO
Life Changing and Life Saving Work
Mobile Medical Environment with freedom from typical medical or hospital based setting.
Job Title: Mobile Operations Manager
· The successful candidate for this position will lead beside all staff and non-medical operations positions of the Mobile Ministry. They will also personally advocate to and for the women and babies we serve while actively driving results for lives saved and changed by building out a network of support for our clients through community engagement and establishing and ensuring a landing place for women in their faith journey as they pursue a decision made for Christ by building out Church relations and partnerships in the surrounding communities. A dedicated Mobile Operations Manager with an appetite for growing impact even further will have the opportunity to receive additional bonuses if able to, in addition to the above more integral duties of the role, help to stabilize the mission’s financial support in the impacted area of service to galvanize the local ministry’s ability to serve for years, decades and generations to come into the future.
Job Specific Qualifications:
· Strong qualities of spiritual leadership, discipleship, and ability to encourage team members and clients
· Ability to show Christ-centered care, compassion, and understanding to those in need
· Adheres to a consistent pro-life position and agrees with the Mobile’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Bylaws
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, be patient, and stay calm and composed during a variety of client interactions
· Demonstrated maturity, stability, confidentiality, and initiative resulting in the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, planning, and implementation skills
· Experience training individuals and small groups.
· Ability to multitask and work well in a mobile medical clinic setting as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to engage with clients and community in a variety of social media platforms, which may include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; Snapchat is useful, but not required
· Experience in a pregnancy center is useful, but not required
· Valid Driver’s License and insurance
· Responsible for the day-to-day Mobile Ministry operations and may delegate duties, including but not limited to scheduling of the mobile and staff, stocking of supplies, documentation, and mobile mechanical operations
· Manage KWTG data and use it to determine service locations and community engagement activities for the mobile ministry.
· Enter and check Mobile Ministry client data in database, maintain accurate data and the complete and analyze monthly mobile statistics report and report to ICU Mobile monthly.
· Manage all Mobile Ministry paperwork, receipts, mileage, forms to maintain accurate records of expenditures.
· Aid in the compilation of monthly/yearly budgets and statistics.
· Ensure receptionist duties [dispatch center] for Mobile Ministry are completed: answering the ICU line, screening potential clients, scheduling appointments, checking Mobile Ministry phone voice mail.
· Manage communication with the Pit Crew Chief to ensure mobile unit maintenance is completed in a timely manner; maintain necessary safety standards and maintenance schedule.
· Ensure prayer is an integral part of each day for mobile staff and volunteers
· Ensure evangelism tools and methods are utilized with each client and/or visitor
· Assist in evaluating and implementing Mobile Ministry client services programs and materials
· Serve as Client Advocate as scheduled (see Client Advocate Job Description)
· Develop a Network of Support for our clients by identifying ministries and community agencies/facilities that will meet the core need of the client in the various mobile service location areas
· Establish and cultivate relationships with the identified ministries, agencies/facilities to develop ministry and community partners
· Train the Mobile Team to utilize the partnerships in establishing a community support network for the client
· Coordinate mobile tours, observations, community appearances, and participation at other venues as opportunities arise, or as requested by ICU Mobile
· Develop a Network of spiritual mentors, advocates, and churches ready for our clients by identifying ministries and churches that will meet the spiritual growth need of the client in the various mobile service location areas.
· Establish and cultivate relationships with the identified ministries, churches, church leaders and congregants to develop church partners ready and able to receive the client.
Training and Supervision
· Train and develop Client Advocates
· Participate in weekly meeting with supervisor and trainings and conferences as requested
· Coordinate scheduling of mobile staff and direct daily non-medical task assignments
· Encourage and help equip mobile staff with day-to-day operational tasks
· Comply with federal, state, and licensure, supervision, and professional continuing education and requirements
*** Bonus opportunities available for building out financial support regional to local ministry’s longstanding success.
If you are feeling called and willing to serve in the advancing of Christ’s Kingdom in this integral and high needs space:
Please apply and submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time