Date Posted: June 8, 2022
Hope in Northern Virginia
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Nurse Manager/Sonographer oversees the provision of patient care and medical services operations and performs patient care, under the license and direction of the medical director.
1. Patient Care
● Provide clinical services in accordance with level of expertise and training.
● Thoroughly explain all medical consent forms to patients, and answer questions prior to providing any medical services.
● Document patient care in charts and properly maintain and archive patient medical records.
● Provide patients with health education (pregnancy decision options, STDs/STIs, etc.), referrals for medical care/follow-up, and other pertinent community referrals.
● Review patient records for completeness (all necessary forms present) and signatures.
● Conduct phone follow-up with patients, and follow-up appointments in accordance with physician’s orders as indicated.
● Discuss clinical questions, as needed, with the medical director.
● Meet with the medical director regularly (at least monthly) for ongoing clinical supervision and guidance.
● Provide support to the other medical staff, including chaperoning.
2. Medical Services Operations
● Assure accurate implementation of medical director’s orders.
● Audit patient records quarterly.
● Maintain staff medical records.
● Provide in-service education to staff, as needed.
● Implement clinic policies and procedures (P&P), including compliance with OSHA, CLIA, privacy practices (HIPAA), and infection control.
● Conduct annual review of P&P and infection control regulations in conjunction with the medical director and executive director.
● Orient new medical staff and volunteers to clinic duties and responsibilities, and provide ongoing supervision to any nurses, medical personnel, or volunteers.
● Conduct annual evaluations of nurses, nurse assistants, medical assistants, etc.
● Coordinate medical staff and volunteer schedules.
● Ensure that medical equipment is properly operated and maintained.
● Conduct regular medical supply inventory and ensure that the clinic is properly stocked.
● Ensure proper disinfection of medical equipment and the exam room.
● In conjunction with the medical director, ensure the OSHA orientation of all new personnel, provide annual refreshers, and monitor facility compliance.
● Follow guidelines for responding to emergencies and unusual ultrasound findings as specified in the P&P manual.
4. Continuing Education
● Maintain active nursing license in good standing.
● Comply with state and professional continuing education requirements.
● Maintain CPR certification.
● Obtain and maintain additional certifications as requested (e.g., limited obstetrical ultrasound examinations, STD/STI certification).
Experience Needed: Must possess a current nursing license and function in accordance with the licensing board of their state and have two years of experience as a nurse in a clinical setting. Two years of experience in a pregnancy center (preferred).
Job Type: Other
Apply by Email: [email protected]