Date Posted: October 26, 2023
Family Life Services
Status: Paid - Full Time
Family Life Services of Washtenaw County (FLS) is a Christian, pro-life 501(c)3 non-profit ministry.
We empower women to make informed, life-affirming choices by providing free: pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, education on pregnancy options, resources and referrals. FLS offers baby and maternity supplies, parenting classes, support for healthy relationships, individualized care for women who have experienced pregnancy loss through miscarriage or abortion, and a scripture-based peer sharing group. We are a donation and volunteer-based charity serving the greater Ypsilanti area for 38 years.
Is God calling you to join us in this life-affirming work?
A cover letter, addressing how you fit this role and your specific interest, skills, and experience is required for consideration for each position and should be attached as the first page of your resume.
Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours per week: up to 40hrs – Mon 9am-5pm, Tues 11am-7pm, Wed, Thurs, Fri 9am-5pm, Additional weekday evening and/or Sat morning commitment about 6 times per year. Hours may change in 2024.
Benefits: Paid annual retreat day, limited paid professional development, no medical benefits
Supervises: Unpaid staff bookkeeping, cleaning and building maintenance volunteers
This position carries a high level of responsibility for administration, financial and building support, collaboration with volunteers, other staff and oversight of center activities. The person in this position will train as a backup receptionist to cover for our full time receptionist is sick or takes planned time off.
● Follow the Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Handbook and all guiding principles of Family Life Services’ Christian ministry.
● Contribute to a positive and professional team work ethic. Embody and communicate a patient/client-focused mission in positive, upbeat, helpful ways.
● Participate in Family Life Services events, including training, appreciation, volunteer, staff and fundraising events.
● Train as backup receptionist and fill in where needed.
● Cross-training, special projects and other duties as assigned.
● Attend and create notes for weekly staff meetings and bi-monthly volunteer and staff in-services/meetings.
● Serve as a backup to answer FLS and clinic phone line during office hours.
● Check relevant email accounts daily, responding to or forwarding requests for information.
● Work with Communications Manager to support fundraising event registration and donation processing.
● Maintain an annual company and finance calendar.
● Order office, medical and fundraising supplies to ensure timely and efficient work practices.
● File annual solicitation renewal, LARA, tax-exempt certificates, annual affiliate memberships, and insurance policy renewals.
● Perform month-end income and expense reconciliations with the bank record and donor database, as well as less-frequent campaign reconciliations.
● Maintain the accuracy, confidentiality, filing, and storage of donor and financial information and non-patient files.
● Provide year-end tax donation receipts to supporters, and accurate in-kind donation receipts as requested.
● Manage accounts payable to pay contract invoices, process mileage and other staff expense requests in a timely way.
● Complete month-end and year-end financial board reports and ad hoc staff/event expense or campaign income reports.
● Review and submit accurate information to accounting contractor to support tax filing, Form 990, financial statement review or audit.
● Advise on and draft anticipated annual income and operating expense budgets.
● Oversee bookkeeping, gala pledges/recurring gifts, Baby Bottle Boomerang processing, bank deposits and online donation record keeping.
● Carefully uphold financial best practices and financial controls procedures.
● Train and supervise bookkeeping volunteers and perform ongoing and annual volunteer evaluations.
● (Preferred) Enter donations and maintain accounting record in Quickbooks.
● Complete opening and closing office procedures and respond to building alarm calls.
● Maintain contracts and schedule needed services with providers of internet, water delivery, copier, phone, security, building improvement/maintenance, landscaping, lawn maintenance, and snow removal services.
● In addition to above, supervise volunteers to ensure the cleanliness, professional appearance, building maintenance and safety of the office space.
● and alarm services to ensure limited down time.
● Negotiate contract costs with existing and new providers to ensure ongoing value and cost-savings.
● Coordinate with technology support provider to ensure secure, off-site access to share drive and compliance with security standards for sensitive medical information.
● Advise on building closures due to severe weather and perform regular fire/safety/emergency training.
● Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent administrative work experience.
● Minimum 2 years direct administrative support experience – not negotiable.
● Exceptional problem-solving, and process improvement skills.
● Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once and work well under pressure.
● High expectations for quality work while requiring little supervision.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong emotional intelligence, customer service ethic and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse personalities.
● Collaborates well across department functions.
● Christian ministry, non-profit, small company experience preferred.
● Evening hours required once weekly and very occasional weekend hours.
● Able to pass a background check and credit check.
We are committed to considering qualified applicants:
● with diverse backgrounds and experiences
● from historically underrepresented communities & veterans
● that require accommodation due to a disability and may contact us at [email protected]