Date Posted: October 14, 2022
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Nashville
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Services Coordinator is responsible for implementing and supervising all services provided to families and individuals in the domestic and international adoption programs. This position provides the day-to-day coordination and management of this program and will also participate in providing the services needed by expectant parents, birth parents and adoptive families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Plans, develops and supervises the agency’s Pregnancy Counseling, Domestic and International Adoption programs consistent with agency policies and objectives.
2. Assists the Executive Director of Catholic Charities with fundraising projections in the development of an annual budget. The Department Director will provide monthly reviews of performance against proposed budget.
3. Evaluates program effectiveness in meeting the needs of those served in the program. Reviews the services of the department and establishes procedures for reports for the administration.
4. Recommends changes in agency policies, procedures and systems, which effect program operation, to the Catholic Charities Executive Director.
5. Recommends staffing requirements and assures that a qualified staff with a balanced workload is maintained.
6. Provides supervision to staff in Pregnancy Counseling and Domestic and International Adoptions. Evaluates performance of staff under his/her direct supervision according to agency guidelines.
7. Maintains all department records and is accountable for oversight of all correspondence and documents going to the court and the closing of all adoption records to be sent to the State Department of Children’s Services.
8. Ensure agency meets all licensing standards and prepare for yearly licensing visit.
9. Designs an annual program package which includes program plans for the fiscal year.
10. Keeps abreast of current professional standards in the field of social work and adoptions which can include, but are not limited to, attendance at seminars, workshop and in-service training programs. Will be required to complete 15 hours of continuing education annually or 30 hours every two years.
11. Participate in community planning related to the interest of the agency and services to our clients and their families. Develop and maintain community relationships with referral sources.
12. Provide services to families in our pregnancy counseling program including options counseling for expectant parents experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, working with expectant parents who wish to make an adoption plan, and providing counseling and support to birth parents during and after placement
13. Complete home studies and post placement reports for families adopting domestically or internationally as needed
14. Obtain training to complete SAFE home studies and provide supervision for SAFE home studies
15. Performs other related duties as requested by the Department Director or Executive Director.
Experience Needed: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE 1. Master’s Social Work (MSSW) or related field . Three years related experience working in domestic adoption plus supervisory experience is preferred.
Job Type: Other
Apply by Email: