Date Posted: April 6, 2023
Sidewalk Advocates for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
SAFL is looking for a mission-oriented, highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual to facilitate training and coordination of volunteers at all abortion facilities in the
Los Angeles area, as well as establish and grow relationships at pregnancy help centers. This is a full-time position, 35 hours a week, working on site at locations as well as
remotely. Applicants must live in the Los Angeles area and must be able to drive or take public transportation to abortion facilities.
Applicants must own a reliable computer, printer, and have high-speed internet access and telephone service in his/her home. SAFL does provide a modest
technology stipend to purchase necessary equipment. This stipend will be discussed with you if you are selected for an interview.
All applicants must be willing to sign and abide by our Statement of Faith.
● Establish and grow an SAFL presence at each of the uncovered abortion
facilities in the Los Angeles area, with the goal of 100% coverage (at least 2
Sidewalk Advocates during every hour the abortion facility is open)
● Gradually set up co-Program Leaders (functioning as “site captains,” but listed
as “co-leading”) at each abortion facility
● Train, equip, and support Sidewalk Advocates in the Los Angeles area using the
SAFL program; coordinate in-person, DVD-group trainings, and virtual training
options; and serve as a resource and primary SAFL representative for those
● Follow up with all training attendees to thank them for attending, encourage
them to sign up for hours on the sidewalk, and keep records of all Pledges of
Integrity received by each trained advocate
● Oversee outreach schedules at each facility and ensure Sidewalk Advocates
are stocked with literature/gift bags
● Develop more Sidewalk Advocates in the area by inviting Christian contacts to
● Attend SAFL bimonthly All-Team meetings & weekly Programs Team meetings
● Provide weekly status updates to the Regional Programs Manager
● Make a schedule for visiting abortion facilities during the week and mentoring
Sidewalk Advocates in their outreach
● Track & report basic statistics (babies saved, workers who left, etc.) to the
Regional Programs Manager
● Periodically write a summary of events on the sidewalk that could be used for
a story; take impactful pictures to match the story, according to media policy,
for social media
● Track and periodically report metrics to evaluate the success and growth of
● Assist with other tasks and projects as needed, as time allows, to support the
More information is available at sidewalkadvocates.org/about/career-opportunities.
To apply, please submit three references, your resume, and cover letter as separate attachments in PDF form in one email to [email protected] and copy any additional persons identified in job description “contact” section with the subject line “(Name of Position) Application.” This job opportunity will remain open until filled.
If selected to interview, we will contact you for 1-2 phone or video interviews; after that, you may be contacted for an in-person interview before a final selection is made.
Experience Needed: Applicant should have experience working or volunteering in the pro-life movement. Actual experience in Sidewalk Advocacy strongly preferred. Willingness to work cross-denominationally and reach out to people across the Christian community. Excellent communication skills and experience in making professional presentations. Organized and able to manage differing priorities and schedules. Excellent interpersonal skills. Exceptional attention to detail. Computer and technological competence, including Zoom, GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite, and a general willingness to learn new software programs. Works well in an innovative and collaborative team environment. Works well independently and takes initiative. Service-oriented.
Job Type: Educational
Apply by Email: [email protected]