Date Posted: May 7, 2023
Sidewalk Advocates for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
SAFL is looking for a mission-oriented, highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual to facilitate training and coordination of volunteers at all abortion facilities in select metropolitan areas, as well as establish and grow relationships at pregnancy help centers. This is a full-time position, 35 hours a week, working on site at locations as well as remotely. Applicants must live in one of the listed metro areas and must be able to drive or take public transportation to abortion facilities.
We are hiring in the following metro areas:
Los Angeles, CA
New York City, NY
San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
San Diego, CA
Hartford/New Haven, CT
Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota, FL
Applicants must own a reliable computer, printer, and have high-speed internet access and telephone service in his/her home. SAFL does provide a modest technology stipend to purchase necessary equipment. This stipend will be discussed with you if you are selected for an interview.
All applicants must be willing to sign and abide by our Statement of Faith, available for reference at https://sidewalkadvocates.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Statement-of-Faith-v.2.pdf.
● Establish and grow an SAFL presence at each of the uncovered abortion facilities in the listed metro areas, with the goal of 100% coverage (at least 2 Sidewalk Advocates during every hour the abortion facility is open)
● Gradually set up co-Program Leaders (functioning as “site captains,” but listed as “co-leading”) at each abortion facility
● Train, equip, and support Sidewalk Advocates in your area using the SAFL program; coordinate in-person, DVD-group trainings, and virtual training options; and serve as a resource and primary SAFL representative for those communities
● Follow up with all training attendees to thank them for attending, encourage them to sign up for hours on the sidewalk, and keep records of all Pledges of Integrity received by each trained advocate
● Oversee outreach schedules at each facility and ensure Sidewalk Advocates are stocked with literature/gift bags
● Develop more Sidewalk Advocates in the area by inviting Christian contacts to future trainings
● Attend SAFL bimonthly All-Team meetings & weekly Programs Team meetings
● Provide weekly status updates to the Regional Programs Manager
● Make a schedule for visiting abortion facilities during the week and mentoring Sidewalk Advocates in their outreach
● Track & report basic statistics (babies saved, workers who left, etc.) to the Regional Programs Manager
● Periodically write a summary of events on the sidewalk that could be used for a story; take impactful pictures to match the story, according to media policy, for social media
● Track and periodically report metrics to evaluate the success and growth of the program
● Assist with other tasks and projects as needed, as time allows, to support the Programs Department
More information is available at sidewalkadvocates.org/getinvolved/career-opportunities. Please note that there may be only four cities listed on the Sidewalk Advocates for Life website upon applying; those four listed cities are our “urgently hiring” areas, but we are accepting applications for all the above listed cities.
To apply, please complete the application on our website, sidewalkadvocates.org/getinvolved/career-opportunities. You will need to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. This job opportunity will remain open until filled.
If selected to interview, we will contact you for 1-2 phone or video interviews; after that, you may be contacted for an in-person interview before a final selection is made.
Experience Needed: Applicant should have experience working or volunteering in the pro-life movement. Actual experience in sidewalk advocacy (training from SAFL) strongly preferred. Willingness to work cross-denominationally and reach out to people across the Christian community. Excellent communication skills and experience in making professional presentations. Organized and able to manage differing priorities and schedules. Excellent interpersonal skills. Exceptional attention to detail. Computer and technological competence, including Zoom, GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite, and a general willingness to learn new software programs. Works well in an innovative and collaborative team environment. Works well independently and takes initiative. Service-oriented.
Job Type: Educational
State: Any or Variable
Apply by Email: [email protected]