Date Posted: June 1, 2021
Priests for Life
Status: Paid - Full Time
Overview of Position
At Priests for Life, we believe that because the defense of life is the most important work on earth, it should be carried out with the highest professionalism and dedication. We are therefore always looking for men and women who want to combine their professional skills with the deep satisfaction of saving lives and advancing the Culture of Life.
Priests for Life is looking for an individual to work in our Public Outreach Department. In this position, you will respond to inquiries from the public about Priests for Life regarding various aspects of abortion, the pro-life movement, the Church, Priests for Life, and issues raised by us and our guests on our many radio, television and internet broadcasts as well as our printed material, emails, websites and social media platforms.
The Public Outreach Associate will handle all correspondence, such as emails, snail mail, social media messages and phone calls. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, knowledge of the pro-life movement and the Catholic Church and exceptional writing skills.
This is a permanent, full-time, on-site position at our headquarters in Titusville, FL. No relocation assistance is offered.
This position requires you to assist in outreach to people who want to be more active in the prolife movement and how to communicate with them about events and training opportunities.
We need someone who will be a highly motivated, dedicated team player and bring a positive
and energetic outlook to work each day.
• Keep daily count of correspondence that comes in and keep Administration informed of any backlogs
• Communicate with other departments, asking them for appropriate information and giving them requests for example, orders, donations, media and travel requests
• Keep Administration updated about the topics about which people are writing
• Properly designate and file items mailed to us that require attention after the initial response is sent.
• Help make phone calls to various organizations or leaders to strengthen our relationship with them.
• Receive and handle voice mails from the public and log them
• Handle all social media correspondence
• Responsible for receiving and handling voice mails from the public and logging them
• Sends out letters for the Administration or compose letters as instructed
• Properly file mail responses in the computer
• Greet visitors and conduct tours
• Handle unforeseen tasks in which the outreach associate’s skills can assist the organization in its educational outreach to the public and the pro-life movement
Experience Needed: Associates Degree or higher in Business Administration, Communications, Theology or Catholic Studies preferred; Related work experience may be substituted for some or all of the educational requirements; Knowledge of the pro-life movement and the Catholic Church; Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and Access; Highly reliable with the ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality; Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment; Strong interpersonal skills and the aptitude to build relationships with your co-workers and volunteers; Ability to read and write in Spanish is preferred
Apply by Email: [email protected]