Date Posted: October 17, 2023
The Nest, A Women’s Center
Status: Paid - Part Time
Mission Statement: The Nest, A Women’s Center is a Christ – centered ministry committed to providing a safe place of refuge for those facing the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy. We provide support through options counseling, life affirming ultrasounds, post-abortion healing workshops, along with promoting sexual purity. Our biblical and practical approach enable women to see their need for healing and the hope that comes from Christ Jesus.
10 – 16 hours a week
The sonographer provides excellent medical services while maintaining professional standards of care with the primary goal of impacting decisions for life.
The sonographer provides support and care to clients while maintaining professional standards of care and client confidentiality. Under the general supervision of the Medical Director and Medical Manager, the Sonographer supports women making informed decisions about their pregnancies by providing compassionate care while providing limited obstetrical ultrasounds for the medical indications of estimating gestational age and determining viability. The Sonographer facilitates caring relationships with clients and, as appropriate, will support the client advocate’s efforts, including spiritual discussion and/or prayer. The Sonographer works in conjunction with the Medical Manager and client advocates to assure that clients are receiving the best medical and psychosocial care possible.
• Must hold certification from a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Associate of Applied Science or higher.
ARRT or RDMS preferred but not required.
• A committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is a participant in a local church
• Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
• Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
• Agreeing to never refer or advise a woman to have an abortion
• Agree with and be willing to uphold The Nest, A Women’s Center’s Statement of Faith, Purpose, Vision, and Misson Statements.
• Adhere to clinical policies and procedures
• Participate in prayer as appropriate
• Ability to share the Gospel
• Dependable, organized, flexible, teachable, team oriented, self-starter, responsive and able to work well with other team members.
• Respects confidentiality, maintaining HIPAA regulations.
• Strong computer skills, concise writing, and communication skills.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
• Enthusiastically participates in The Nest fundraising events, inviting others to experience the ministry’s reach and impact. These may include some evening and/or weekend hours. You may also be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events on behalf of the agency.
• Promote a positive agency image.
• Represent The Nest in the community, including your online presence.
• Meet with clients for pregnancy peer counseling, education, and referrals as needed. (Training Provided)
• Perform limited medical screening and pregnancy tests
• Performs limited obstetrical ultrasounds both abdominal and transvaginal in accordance with delegated orders to clients who are eligible for a medically indicated ultrasound.
• Allow the client to view the ultrasound screen and respond to questions within the scope of practice.
• Review any clinical findings indicating concern for the viability of the pregnancy or the health of the mother with the Medical Manager and Medical Director.
• Maintains standards for the proper use, care, and handling of equipment, facilities, and supplies to keep cost in line and prevent unexpected losses.
• Maintains a warm, caring environment for patients while focusing on the goal of impacting decisions for life.
• Maintains accurate client records and performs client follow up as needed according to protocol.
• Provides education for clients to develop and understanding of their pregnancy options, fetal development, and importance of prenatal care.
• Commitment to continued professional development especially in the areas of obstetrics, gynecology, and women’s health issues.
• Annual review of center policies and procedures, infection control regulations, and safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
2 Years previous experience of obstetric sonography in a clinic setting, Pregnancy Care Center work preferred but not required.