Date Posted: March 2, 2023
Students for Life Action
Status: Paid - Intern
Students for Life Action is seeking part-time temporary interns to help SFLAction staff prioritize and engage in legislative efforts. Our grassroots team uses various political technologies to communicate with legislators including lobby days, door to door canvassing, letter writing campaigns, and other tactics. This role requires significant recruitment and volunteer management that the legislative intern will assist with.
The Legislative Intern will work closely with SFLAction Staff, and must demonstrate self-discipline, be a self-starter and execute multiple areas of responsibility while meeting strict deadlines. The position requires some travel. This position will be from March 2023 to May 2023.
Essential Functions for the Legislative Intern
- Run door to door canvassing operations
- Coordinate student lobby days
- Conduct research on legislators in preparation for running program
- Assist in the drafting of communications programs to advance SFLAction’s legislative agenda at both the state and federal level.
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize work, and demonstrate professionalism, representing SFLAction.
- Able to work with partners outside of the organization and within Students for Life of America and Students for Life Action to execute all goals.
- Experience working in the pro-life movement
- Well versed in Microsoft Office
Stay in constant contact with SFLAction staff. The hours are flexible, but this person must be able to communicate well. This position may supervise volunteers and interns in some situations.
This is a part-time, temporary position working remotely, but in constant contact with SFLAction staff. The hours are flexible, but this person should aim to join daily conference calls.
Interns may join special opportunities like deployments, canvassing will require significant amounts of walking often. Applicants should also have reliable transportation and a cell phone plan.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Interns will work 15 hours a week, with some additional hours for short lobby days.
Interns may travel occasionally for large projects and tasks.
Required Education and Experience
1 to 2 years political activism and/or involvement in student organizations
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Needed: Experience in political activism and/or working with student groups
Job Type: Political
State: South Carolina
Apply by Email: [email protected]