Date Posted: December 13, 2022
Students for Life of America
Status: Paid - Full Time
Students for Life of America, the nation’s largest pro-life student organization, is seeking a qualified Video Producer to join the Communications & Marketing Team. This person will be responsible for producing and leading video content, including Live Productions (Facebook Live, Speaking Tour events, Instagram Shows, etc.) and production of the Explicitly Pro-Life Podcast with Kristan Hawkins. This person will also assist with videography & photography, post-production video & photo editing, and create a visual story through videos & photography.
- Working alongside the Staff Writer to produce 1-2 video scripts/week to either be completed internally or by our team of consultants.
- Working alongside the Documentarian to film, edit, and tell stories through different types of videos including narrative videos, speaking events, Instagram Reels/IGTV, and Facebook/Instagram Live for Students for Life of America and our parent organization, Students for Life Action.
- Coordinating Facebook/Instagram Live productions, which include some evening and weekend broadcasts, and creating all assets associated with such events.
- Producing live events to post across social media platforms during protests, rallies, press conferences, or other similar events.
- Create and manage marketing processes for videos in Asana (project management tool), assigning tasks to relevant team members and contractors and ensuring tasks are complete and assets are posted or sent out in a timely manner.
- Traveling to on-site events to obtain video / photo material to be able to create content and turnaround a finished product within 24-48 hours.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and be able to rapidly respond to new situations any day of the week including weekends.
- Ability to take charge and do what it takes to complete a project.
- Willingness to learn new technologies or platforms to accomplish job requirements.
- Editing Explicitly Pro-Life Podcast episodes, as well as creating marketing plans to expand the reach of the podcast alongside the Marketing Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and After Effects is needed; Knowledge of how videos play on social media platforms is preferred but not required.
- Ability to capture high-quality video footage, splice film and video, assemble raw footage and transfer onto a computer for editing.
- Understanding of design elements, including space, scale, and emphasis.
- Knowledge of AV systems and platforms, including ECamm, Skype, Riverside, and others.
- Ability to manage workflow through Asana and prioritize requests
- Must be good at communicating issues as they arise and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A positive attitude, good problem-solving skills, and a passion for serving in the pro-life field are a must.
- Must be teachable to learn SFLA technologies and platforms.
- Candidates must be self- motivated, a good problem solver, have an entrepreneurial spirit, expert multi-tasker, maintain confidentiality, able to work independently, and be a highly organized person.
- Candidates must have knowledge of grammar rules and utilize the oxford comma.
The Videographer will report to the Marketing Director and will:
- Collaborate with multiple departments within Students for Life, without direct supervisor responsibilities.
- Utilize peer management techniques to coordinate across internal and external teams.
- Have no supervisory responsibilities.
Students for Life of America is a 501c3 not-for-profit charity that engages in education and activism. We are made up of Americans of all ages, although the majority of our team is in our 20s and 30s. We run a fast-moving, grassroots organization that strives to innovate, unify, and lead. We believe the end of abortion will happen when both supply and demand for abortion are erased. We believe that this is a multi-front fight as we must engage to change the culture but also to change politics. We do not believe there is a silver bullet to ending abortion. We do not accept mediocrity, and we value leadership amongst our team and volunteers.
Must have the ability to operate technical equipment such as a computer and sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to withstand long periods of driving.
Other physical demands may include setting up displays, walking around campuses, standing during display times, walking outside for long periods of time (door to door canvassing) and participating in local and national pro-life marches. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be willing to travel frequently.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position working at least 40 hours per week. The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours can be somewhat flexible by request.
Travel to bi-annual team trainings in January and July is required, and regular fall and spring travel to capture and live stream Kristan Hawkins’s Speaking Tour. As well as trips to capture rapid response or on campus events.
Travel during tour stops will be more frequent. Details discussed during interviews.
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Needed: The full-time position requires a minimum of an associate degree, but a bachelor's degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in videography, photography, and graphic design. We are willing to train the right candidate who is qualified in at least some of these areas. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and After Effects is needed, as well as working knowledge of video and photography equipment.
Job Type: Other
Apply by Email: [email protected]