Date Posted: July 5, 2023
Catholic Pro-Life Community of Dallas
Status: Paid - Part Time
The part-time position of the Youth and Young Adult Coordinator exists primarily to carry out the Mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting directly to the Youth and Young Adult Director, this is a part time position at 20 hours per week. This position works remotely and 1-2 days in the office per week. The Coordinator helps the Director reach out to and involve the youth, college students, and young adults of the Diocese of Dallas to promote the pro-life vision and mission.
- Research and track pro-life activities in diocesan schools and in parish youth ministry and young adult programs
- Plan, promote and execute Youth for Life events as part of Y/YA Team
- Help grow relationships with Catholic Schools, youth ministry programs, college Pro-Life groups, and young adult groups within the Diocese of Dallas
- Assist in evaluating Young Adult events and plan, promote and execute future events
- Meet regularly with and engage youth ministers, pro-life clubs moderators, and young adult group leaders
- Serve as Assistant Director for all YFL events
- Coordinate with the CPLC Safe Environment Director to collect and organize Safe Environment paperwork for volunteers volunteering at YFL events
- Help keep parish and school contact list up to date
- Availability to work days and some nights/weekends as determined by the needs of the ministry; Availability to work March for Life events (January), Bishop’s Pro-Life Dinner (March/April) and both Boot Camps (June and July) which includes overnight availability during overnight events
- Work on special projects as needed in the Youth and Young Adult ministry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Experience Needed: KEY QUALIFICATIONS Must be at least 21 years of age Some college education or equivalent life experience Experience working with youth in a school or parish ministry environment Strong organizational, verbal, and written communications skills Bilingual in Spanish with written translations skills a plus Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Detailed oriented and a proactive problem solver Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines in a timely, accurate manner Ability to function independently and as part of a team Internet and email access Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on the life issues Understanding of and compliance with all Safe Environment requirements of the Diocese of Dallas and the CPLC Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community and the Church Active membership in a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church Ability to demonstrate the values of the CPLC consistently and positively, as a “face” of the CPLC to the diocesan and pro-life community
Apply by Email: [email protected]