Date Posted: August 16, 2023
Holy Trinity Catholic Parish
Status: Paid - Full Time
I. POSITION PURPOSE
To implement the parish’s commitment to youth ministry in a comprehensive manner. This includes the following elements: catechesis, evangelization, social action, community building, spirituality, liturgy, guidance, enablement and advocacy.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must be a practicing Catholic attend Liturgy weekly.
2. Collaborates with the Pastoral Leader, staff, and consultative bodies in implementing the mission of the parish.
3. Assures the development and implementation of faith formation programs for Youth and Young Adults. Recruits, enables, directs, trains and supervises catechists and other personnel for Faith Formation programs for junior and senior high youth, including Confirmation where applicable. Collaborates with teachers in Catholic elementary and high schools in developing and implementing Religious education opportunities.
4. Organize, manage, and execute a vibrant and engaging Confirmation Process.
5. Coordinates evangelization outreach programs to youth.
6. Assures the development of programs and activities for young adults (ages 18-35) that foster spiritual formation. This includes but is not limited to retreats, religious education, socials, recreation, community service outreach and liturgical celebrations. Coordinates efforts to identify and involve young adults in the parish.
7. Develops and administers the youth and young adult program budgets as delegated by the Parish Administrator.
8. Serves as staff to the Parish Formation Commission/Committee, assisting the chairperson in preparing the agenda and providing information and research for the Commission as requested and as available.
9. Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for this ministry through regular updating, reading appropriate materials and participation at workshops and conventions. Participates in local, regional and national professional organizations, as approved and as appropriate.
10. Other duties as required.
1. Have one of the following: Pastoral Administration, Theology, Church Management or experience in Youth/Young Adult Faith Formation.
2. Flexible Hours.
3. Ability to work most weekends.
4. A level of proficiency in the use of technology, PC, tablets, sound equipment.
5. A level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Publisher and Excel.
6. The ability to motivate Staff and Volunteers.
7. Ability to collaborate in Ministry.